Saturday, September 25, 2010

2009 Big House White

Boxed wine isn't the norm for me, or for most people, because it isn't usually associated with good quality wine. Well, this one has caught my eye a few times since I normally drink this by the bottle. I never really paid much more attention to it though. I was turned on to a virtual boxed wine tasting by a new Twitter friend (see her interesting blog post below on boxed wines), challenging participants to FIND a good serviceable boxed wine.

Here I am with my 3L box of 2009 Big House White, a blend of Malvasia, viognier, gruner veltliner, pinot gris, riesling, and gewurztraminer! What a mouthful... Of delicious flavors, that is! The wine is well rounded with just the right of acidity and length. I get a lot of peaches, pears, melon, a little honey, and a tiny bit of citrus. This is a very interesting wine, featuring layers and layers of flavors. VERY serviceable for about $17. Don't forget, this is for 3L. Now, I just need to invite over some friends to finish this off!


Blog - Why Wine in a Box?

0 comments:

Post a Comment